November 21, 2013
For maps of individual projects, go to the home page, open the spreadsheet, locate the project, copy & paste the web address into your Internet browser.
From bottom left to top right:
- Settlers Landing (Kawartha): blue/green circles
- Sumac Ridge (Kawartha): light purple / mauve
- Snowy Ridge (Kawartha): orange / peach
- Stoneboat (Kawartha & Peterborough): light yellow
April 18, 2012
Ontario’s so-called Green Energy Act overrides ecological protections provided by the Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Plan, but they are still being promoted on this Ontario government website: http://www.mah.gov.on.ca/Page322.aspx
Map of wind turbine projects on Oak Ridges Moraine
there is now another met tower that has been erected on the Moraine in the vicinity of the Pontypool and Bethany
The following wind projects are at least partly on the Oak Ridges Moraine:
- Sumac Ridge Wind Farm. The staff report states the current design uses five 2.05 MW wind turbines with a maximum capacity of 11.5 MW. Two of these turbines are located in the Oak Ridges Moraine. As such, the entire project must be considered under the Moraine legislation. OWR QLS
- Snowy Ridge wind project – near Bethany in Kawartha Lakes (5 turbines)
- Settler’s Landing wind project in Manvers Twp. near Pontypool in Kawartha Lakes (5 turbines)
- Ganaraska – near Orono in Durham Region (10 turbines)
- Clean Breeze wind project near Grafton, just west of Centreton in Northumberland County cancelled?
- Stoneboat Community Wind Farm project would be built under the same feed-in-tariff contract as the defunct Whispering Woods Wind Park just east of Millbrook. (5 turbines) The Peterborough Examiner
Re: Thunder Bay’s Big Thunder project: While not on the Oak Ridges Moraine,
March 31, 2011
To see the most recent list of turbines installed in or proposed for Ontario (Canada), click this link:
All are as big or larger than Toronto’s Ex Place turbine.
Please leave a comment if you notice any errors or omissions.
A larger version of this map can be found under Bruce County on the right.
More maps can be found here:
Read the rest of this entry »