The complete newsletter can be opened by clicking this 500 kB pdf file.
Shawn and Tricia Drennan are landowners facing a pending windfarm project known as Kingsbridge II. Kingsbridge II will consist of upwards of 150 turbines one of which will be as close as approximately 650 meters from their home. Twelve more turbines will be located within the surrounding two kilometers. After learning that eleven families living amongst two different wind projects (one located in their neighbouring township) had their homes purchased by wind companies, the Drennans sought to gather key information from these former residents about the adverse health and safety effects of the wind turbines. However, they learned that as a part of the buyout agreements, these residents were blocked from discussing any negative experiences with the wind turbines, including adverse health effects.
The Drennans, supported by the community group S.W.E.A.R. (Safe Wind Energy for All Residents) will go to Court, asking the Court to invalidate the non-disclosure clauses which…
View original post 112 more words
From the group that was awarded the right to summon Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health to testify in court:
- page_1 (1.3 MB JPEG) with link to page 2
- page_2 (1.3 MB JPEG) with link to page 3
- page_3 (0.7 MB JPEG) with link to page 4
- page_4 (0.5 MB JPEG)
Click the link below to load all 4 pages:
Falconer Practice Group
July 18, 2012-Important Wind Turbine Case: Drennan Appeal Successful
Chief Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Arlene King, was ordered by a Superior Court judge to testify. Over the objections of Dr. King’s lawyer, the Chief Medical Officer of Health was ordered to testify on her knowledge of the health effects of wind turbines. Justice Sanderson rejected government arguments and quashed the lower court ruling of Master Haberman.
Decision. July 18, 2012
Factum of the Drennan Family. February 17, 2012
Factum of Dr. King. May 7, 2012
Further Documents on the Drennan Family’s case
To find the group(s) in your municipality, click below:
- For a detailed map of ~900 of the ~1200 turbines in Huron and Bruce counties, open this pdf file or scroll down to see the lower map at the bottom of the page
- For a detailed map of the 3 projects (260 turbines) shown below, open this pdf. The first map shows the Township of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh, located in the northwest corner of the County of Huron. The yellow circles fall in the area bordered by Amberley, Lucknow & Nile.