Windmills are killing the Liberals in rural Ontario. Toronto Star
2011 Ontario Election Results for South-Western Ontario
Red = Liberal, Blue = Conservative, Orange = NDP
90% of industrial wind turbines in ridings lost by Liberals
The list of approximately 6,000 on-shore industrial wind turbines installed in or proposed for Ontario now highlights the number of turbines in ridings in which a Liberal was reelected. Based on this research, just under 10% of turbines are in Liberal ridings. Most of these are in Thunder Bay District.
If northern Ontario is excluded, 98% of Ontario’s industrial wind turbines are in ridings that were lost by the Liberals on October 6th.
Details can be found on the home page.
With the exception of Kingston and the Islands, and Thunder Bay Atikokan, anomolies as largely urban population base ridings with turbines in rural fringes, it seems EVERY riding that has or is actively targeted for more than 1 wind turbine has repudiated the government that set the turbine policy and direction.
– Huron Bruce (Lisa Thompson PC) – Gained from Liberals
– Bruce Grey Owen Sound (Bill Walker PC)
– Haldimand Norfolk (Toby Barrett PC)
– Elgin Middlesex London (Jeff Yurek PC) Gained from Liberals
– Oxford (Ernie Hardeman PC)
– Lambton Kent Middlesex (Monte McNaughton PC) Gained from Liberals
– Perth Wellington (Randy Pettapiece PC) Gained form Liberals
– Dufferin Caledon (Sylvia Jones PC)
– Niagara West Glanbrook (Tim Hudak PC)
– Haliburton Kawartha Lakes Brock (Laurie Scott PC) Gained from Liberals
– Prince Edward Hastings (Todd Smith PC) Gained from Liberals
– Chatham Kent Essex (Rick Nichols PC) Gained from Liberals
– Sarnia Lambton (Bob Bailey PC)
– Renfrew Nipissing Pembroke (John Yakabuski PC)
– Algoma Manitoulin (Michael Mantha NDP) Gained from Liberals
– Essex (Taras Natyshak NDP) Gained from Liberals